Saturday, March 3, 2012

Small Update

So my Revised (Revised) Senior Project Proposal passed!!! Yay! Look forward to a bunch of foxes! So far I have worked on breaking up the text and it looks like the illustrated children's book will have five fables and eighteen illustrated pages. I have researched a reference file for red foxes and drew up a bunch of foxes just to get me more familiar with the animal (pictures of the sketches will be posted later as I find a method of uploading since I don't have a scanner). I also drew a couple of the foxes in old english clothing (I have sketches of old english clothing for men and women I will also (later) post. I tried a quick color version of one of the foxes with marker and am debating on using a similar style with acrylic paint. The next phase is to draw some base sketches of the book layout (get a good idea of what illustrations will be on each page). I have already marked out a few notes as three fables will have three illustrations each, one fable having four illustrations,and another having five illustrations. So far, only one fable has a full spread illustration, but I am planning on changing that since it would be a more interesting break up if there were more full spreads interspersed among single page illustrations. I'm thinking of connecting some of the single page ones together in a way that a visible action can be seen so the pages are linked together through movement. I'll have a better example of that (a visible one) later as I work on it.

Monday is my first presentation day so I am hoping to get a lot more done by then. It's unfortunate that the revisions for my proposals took up so much time, but I'm still feeling very positive about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment